The Gods Unchained (GU) update v0.14 is out, and it's smoking hot! The client and UI are new and improved, the new Progression system is in, and tons of new cards were added.
Client and Interface Changes
The new client moved much of the in-game features to the Apollo client. This change delivers a more intuitive UI and better UX to the players but also enables the GU team to seamlessly ship and manage their updates.
The team has also redesigned the entire UI and UX, improved the matchmaking master, rewritten the communication protocol, and upgraded the deck builder. Keep in mind that you need to reinstall Apollo in order to download the new client.
Thanks to this update, every important in-game feature is at your hand:
- The Arena - here you can access GU game modes and prebuild decks for each mode
- Card Inventory - the inventory now features better filters for better card viewing
- Workshop - this is your new deck builder. It has filters and a new system that enables you to easily manage and build your decks
- Temple - here you can honor the Unchained Gods and open your earned packs
- Newsfeed - you can stay up to date with GU changes and updates without leaving the Client
Understanding the Progression System
This new system rewards those who play GU and earn EXP in-game. The Progression system also adds a couple of changes to the game:
- All the core cards have been zeroed to ensure an even playground for all players
- The first time you log in to the game, you'll receive the following Core packs: 12 Neutral packs, 2 Nature packs, 2 Light packs, and 2 War packs
- You play with the given cards, earn EXP, and receive rewards. Each time you level up, you receive one Core pack
- The system is new, and you're bound to experience some bugs. Effectively, the GU team will periodically reset the progression in order to fix bugs and test new features
New Features, Cards & Bugs
You can now cancel your spell targeting if you think you've made a mistake. This new feature is small but has a major, game-changing effect. Also, 27 new cards were added to the game, but 52 were removed for balancing and debugging purposes.
Lastly, the team managed to fix over 200 bugs with this big update, thanks to their hard work and your valuable feedback. To see the full list of changes, feel free to visit the GU official blog. If you'd like to join GU, one of the best and most played crypto games, head on over to our DGaming Store!