It's official; the Axie Infinity Land & Land Items Marketplace is finally up and running. Effectively, players can now sell, buy and trade their Land assets via the Marketplace and enjoy its free and secure trading environment enabled by Loom's PlasmaChain.
Setting Things Up
For now, you may only transfer Ether (ETH) from your MetaMask wallet to your Axie Loom account. If you plan on transferring ETH from exchanges, first deposit the amount to your MetaMask wallet, and then from MetaMask to your Loom's Axie Wallet.
Your Profile Information page shows important data
If you're completely new to Axie Infinity, here's what you need to do.
- Navigate to the Axie Infinity official website and sign in with your MetaMask account.
- To create an Axie account, simply register with your email and confirm the registration.
- Once you've set up your Axie and MetaMask account, it's time to deposit some ETH. If you only want to sell your items, you don't have to deposit ETH because the marketplace features gasless transactions.
- If you wish to withdraw ETH from your account, simply use the Withdraw function, type in the desired amount and confirm the transaction. ETH will go from your Loom Axie wallet to your MetaMask wallet. Then, you can freely transfer money to all eligible exchanges.
How To List Your Items?
You can find your Axie Land assets on your Inventory page. Once you get there, press the Map, which will allow you to see all of your Land parcels. For now, the marketplace features simple functions, which includes buying, selling and gifting.
The map function will show you what assets you can offer via the Marketplace
In the future, the Axie team plan on adding UX improving features, including:
- Filters - this will allow you to include and exclude specific assets and enable more convenient browsing
- Observing - you'll be able to see where a specific plot of land exists in Lunacia
- Bundle sales - you'll be able to list your Land assets in bundles
- New trading options - you'll be able to make offers on Land assets that aren't for sale
- No deposit purchasing - you'll be able to purchase Land assets without having to deposit any ETH
- Multi-currency trading - you have the option of buying and selling assets in various currencies
Use the Recommended Tools!
The Axie team recommends that you use Chrome or Brave browser when interacting with the Marketplace. For now, you're not able to access the Marketplace via DApp browsers. Also, don't forget that you can't see your Land assets on Etherscan. Instead, you'll be able to view them on PlasmaChain block explorer once it goes live.
New to Axie Infinity? Head on over to our DGaming Store to start your Lunacia journey. Our writer Thomas also wrote an excellent review of Axie Infinity, so be sure to read it if you're new to this DGame.