BLOCKLORDS is a blockchain medieval grand strategy game developed by Arctic Seascape. In BLOCKLORDS, players create unique heroes, gather EXP by fighting off bandits, and earn glory and crypto from besieging and taking control of cities. The new, improved version of the game is launching on Ethereum, and you can buy items for a limited time in our sale.
Announcing BLOCKLORDS 2.0
The BLOCKLORDS team is preparing to take the game onto another level. The new gameplay enables the players to deploy different troops, like soldiers, archers, and horseman. Then there's the introduction of Hero traits, which improve the stats of the Heroes.
The team also announced a new BLOCKLORDS map, which will feature 3 different modes for easier and more enjoyable gameplay. Strongholds will also drop resources, which the players will use to upgrade structures and craft items. For more info about the BLOCKLORDS 2.0, read the newest whitepaper.
New features include:
1. NFT Heroes - Each Hero + equipped items can be exported as an NFT that can be traded on outside exchanges. One wallet can own multiple heroes and use them in game (current versions of game have limit of one hero per wallet address).
2. Hero traits and titles that give powerful modifiers and stat boosts (or debuffs).
3. On-Map Strategic Battles - Heroes can be deployed and move around on map to fight battles.
4. Base Building - Each player will be able to construct a base and build or conquer strongholds in surrounding territory.
5. Stronghold Resources - Strongholds will now generate various types of resources (wood, steel, gold) that can be used to craft items, upgrade troops, build new strongholds, and much more.
6. Family Dynasty - Lady NFT's will eventually be added, making it possible for heroes to marry and have children. In-game power will pass from hero to child as he grows older.
7. Nation Wars - Powerful lords will be able to claim the throne, and wage war against other players.
How Do You Play It?
The core element of BLOCKLORDS is its heroes. Each hero is born with specific stats, and each stat determines the hero's power in-game. For example, the Leadership stat determines how many troops can a hero have under his command, while the Speed stat determines the number of attacks a hero can perform in each battle.
Heroes also carry items to improve their power. Again, each item boosts specific stat: helmets increase Intelligence, armors increase Leadership, gauntlets increase Speed, shields increase Defense, and weapons increase Strength.
On Item Value & Scarcity
The economy is greatly shaped by BLOCKLORDS’ item scarcity. In BLOCKLORDS, the value of each item is determined by its generation and quality.
An item can be Generation 0, 1, 2, 3. The Gen 0 items are the rarest and only 10,000 of them were minted in the previous versions of the game (5,000 through Hero creation and 5,000 through Stronghold battles).
Then there's the rarity factor, which determines the quality of each item. In BLOCKLORDS, items can be Common, Special, Rare, Epic, and Legendary. Naturally, the rarer the item the better stats it has, which in turn impacts your Hero’s performance in-game.
How To Earn A Profit?
The easiest way to earn a profit in BLOCKLORDS is through acquiring and selling items. Items can be obtained through Strongholds. If you conquer a stronghold, you'll receive a random item every 40 minutes. Effectively, the more strongholds you control, and the longer you control them, the more items you'll drop.
Another excellent (but more difficult) way of earning a profit is through City ownership. The BLOCKRLORDS' map has 18 cities, some smaller and some larger. Conquering a city isn't easy, but it's quite rewarding; as a city owner, you collect taxes on all sold items within it.